Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Best of the Seen and Unseen in ART 115


The 3 most compelling and noteworthy movies that had the most impact on me were:

DivingBellButterflyMP.jpgGodfather ver1.jpgRaging Bull poster.jpg

1. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, directed by Julian Schnabel
This foreign film was probably the most moving and inspirational film from the movie playlist. It really hit home for me because I work in the health care field and every time I encounter a severe stroke patient I can't help but sympathize after viewing this film. I also really appreciated how they filmed the scenes from Bauby's point of view.  

2. The Godfather, directed by Francis Ford Coppola
I can't believe I've gone this far in my life without seeing this movie until this class. It was very clear as to why this film is regarded as one of the greatest films in world cinema. This classic movie was very compelling with great performances from Marlon Brando and Al Pacino. 

3. Raging Bull, directed by Martin Scorsese
I believe this was one of the most noteworthy movies for its attention to detail. Everything was meticulously filmed  to perfection from the makeup, the long takes, montage scene, and the dedication of the actors. 

The 3 other movies that I believe that every film student should see are:

ShawshankRedemptionMoviePoster.jpgGoodfellas.jpgPulp Fiction cover.jpg

1. The Shawshank Redemption, directed Frank Darabont
This film is my all time favorite movie. This movie has all the great elements needed to produce a very powerful and moving film.

2. Goodfellas, directed by Martin Scorsese
After watching The Godfather and the Raging Bull, I believe that if those two movies had a baby, it would have been called the Goodfellas. This movie provides all the classic gangster themes with the great team of Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. This is a must see for every film student. 

3. Pulp Fiction, directed by Quentin Tarantino 
I believe that our "movie playlist" was missing a Quentin Tarantino film and Pulp Fiction would have been perfect for the class. I believe that this film portrays almost every aspect of what we learned this semester in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment