Friday, February 1, 2013

My Point of View

"You can't lose what you don't put in the middle. [Pause] But you can't win much either." - Mike McDermott, Matt Damon  (Rounders 1998). This quote is from one of my favorite movies, Rounders. Personally, although it represents cards and chips in poker, I believe that it symbolizes that you can't always play it safe and that you eventually have to take some chances in life. I may not consider myself an avid film buff but I do have a great interest for films.

I really enjoy films with a great underdog story to them and sometimes I even catch myself rooting for the ultimate underdog, the villain. I also like to see movies that end in a not-so-traditional way. My favorite endings involve films that challenge your whole perspective of the movie, such as Shutter Island, or a realistic ending, like Alpha Dog or even letting the "bad-guy" win sometimes, such as in The Usual Suspects. 

One of my favorite film directors/producers is Christoper Nolan. I enjoyed The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, and even Memento. My favorite actors are Edward Norton and Ben Foster. Rounders, Fight Club, and American History X are all my top Edward Norton movies. And my favorite movies with Ben Foster are Alpha Dog and 3:10 to Yuma. 

All of the movies I've listed may not all be typical fan favorites but that's what makes me love these movies even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment